*Gosh, I'm old....*
To be honest, I was not looking forward to my birthday and definitely was not looking forward to turning another year older without achieving anything. Ever since after I hit 25, I wasn't very excited about entering my late 20's. Early 20's were awesome. I told my husband I didn't want any celebration, because we had too much going on. So we were going with that. But my mom never forgets my birthday and surprise me every single year. She put my birthday present on the table and was expecting me to come back early that day. She hugs me and wished happy birthday. In fact, I should thank my mom because what I am today is only because of her. I love you mom.
Thanks mom for the present :)
The husband insisted that we go out for movie that night, and I am never going to say no to that of course! We went to watch a movie together with my mom and our little one!
This week marked the first day of the first month in Islamic Calender. Hubby told that we need to come back early from office for end of year and new year du'a recital. We get to pray together and it was a nice feeling when your little one has come to understand some of the moves we did when performing Solah. Alhamdulillah!
I hope this year is more about making me a better mom, wife and daughter. I hope that in a year's time my wish list will be closer to fulfillment than it is now.
Some 28 new resolutions on my 28th bday :) :)
1) Put on feelers for new job;
2) Finish reading everything I've started;
3) Get Aulia' a painting set;
4) Try out 5 new recipes;
5) Get the oven fix;
6) Bake something every month;
7) Leave work on time more often;
8) Home school Aulia' during the weekend;
9) Visit at least 3 new places;
10) Spend more time with family and friends;
11) Get organized, put every activity on schedule;
12) Take better photos;
13) Sell old unwanted stuff;
14) Buy Sunday paper;
15) Totally revamp my headscarf wardrobe;
16) Eat B-complex;
17) Less TV time;
18) Organize photos
19) Redecorate Aulia' play room;
20) Less time on Facebook;
21) Drink more plain water;
22) Call people more than text;
23) Be consistent on the 'to-do' list every month;
24) Cook more;
25) Start exercising;
26) Potty training Aulia' more often;
27) Go on more creative dates with hubby than just a meal or cinema;
28) Think of better new years resolutions.